Gibson Lake - Near Bala

Lakeshore

Hello everyone, I am going to be cottaging for 1 week on Gibson Lake in the Middle of August.

There will be several families accompanying together, with a few adult newbie fishermen and some kids that enjoy fishing.

I would apprecaite it if someone on the board with a little experience about the lake could help me out with some fishing advice to help our week go better.

I am not an experienced fisherman, but I can hold my own on the water.

I am just looking for information that would help us have an enjoyable week on the lake and catch a few fish while we're at it.

We do not have a boat, so we will need to rent either a fishing boat or a pontoon boat to fish from. I could also use information about where I can do that as well.

I understand that members don't like to divulge too much information, but I will proably fish the lake for a few days and probably not be back again unless we decide to cottage there again next year.

I just want to ensure that everyone has a good time on the water and we catch a few fish while we're at it.

Thanks everyone

sorry bud, got nothing for you but at least I'm bumping you back to the top. I think that lake is part of the 6 mile - mcrae etc canoe route. If that's the case, expect a lot of canoers squatting wherever they can find a patch of dirt for their tent!

That time of year, I'd expect the bass to be relatively easy pickins....but I don't know anything about the lake itself. Paddled through it once....as Rizzo says, it's part of a popular route.

I've fished and camped in the area several times.

There are pickerel in Gibson, but they are very fussy, and hard to find.

Hit the back bays with a Rapala #12 Husky Jerk, in silver, or gold.. You'l pick up a few pike doing that.

I've never targeted anything other then pike and pickerel on Gibson. But I'm sure you could find the odd bass too.

There's also great cliffs to jump from. You'll see the locals there for sure on the weekends.