Memorial Cup

Stoty

With Saint John winning last night, that sent the London Knights directly into the Memorial Cup final scheduled for Sunday afternoon!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Special congrats goes out (yet again) to my sister's bf Austin Watson. He has been the 1st star in 2 of the 3 games that London has played in the Memorial Cup, to go along with his OHL Playoff MVP. Hopefully this fall he crack's the Nashville Preds lineup!

Best of luck in the finals Knights! Bring the title home to Ontario!

Great game! Shawinigan wins in front of the home crowd. You just had to love it. I was rooting for the Knights in this one but you have to love the way the Cataractes won it the hard way! Nothing beats junior hockey.

Edited by Grimace

What a great game, but a very disappointing result.

Not sure about a team getting an automatic entry into the tournament while being eliminated over a month ago from playoff's though.... Sucks to see teams that worked hard to win their league's not end up winning the CHL championship. :dunno:

That's the way it has always worked. 3 Champions plus the host. The host is always chosen as a competitive team. The proof of that is the fact that they just won the cup. No sense in complaining about the template in which the Memorial Cup has always been run now. I am sure when you heard the Cataractes had beaten the Sea Dogs you were pleased as you would rather London play Shawinagan than Saint John. I am sure you were not complaining of the tournament format then and were licking your chops at a championship game against a seemingly inferior team.

Congrats to Shawinigan. They did it the hard way having to win 3 sudden death games in a row against teams that were deemed better than them. That is Championship material.

They def deserved to win...they beat all three league champions...

Just kinda defeats the purpose for a team that has already been eliminated from the playoffs, to have a chance at the championship.

Thats like a team being eliminated in the 2nd rd of the Stanley Cup playoffs, but being able to still win it. Just a kinda dumb rule, IMO.

And I would have rather them played Saint John... wasn't impressed with them at all.

Not taking anything away from Shawinagan at all, great team but they were already eliminated.