Where to take my 3 yr old

Oryx

I am unfamiliar with local spots, but I really want to take my 3.5 yr old daughter fishing after dinner some nights. We live in the Rouge valley area of Pickering, so i am looking for something close where she can throw a line out from her 2' Dora the explorer rod. Just a hook, worm and a float.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

J

You can try the foot of the Rouge near the lake. There's parking on the Scarb side (and shld be some Pickering side as well, not sure) but not sure what's in the water but it sounds like it's less about catch and more about getting out with your daughter and her Dora rod. Nice mellow place from what I remember. Also a nice beach nearby if she gets bored ;)

Heber Down Conservation area in Whitby. Small fee to park, but there is a pond in there a short walk from the lot. They stock it with panfish and small rainbow trout. I still take my daughter there.

x2 took the nefews on monday eve they had a blast(ages 2 & 4).caught a half dozen rainbows in about 2 hrs.red and pink powerworms did the trick.

On Sunday afternoon, I was finally able to take my daughter fishing... We ended up going to Heber downs with a friend and his 3yr old son. It was hot, sticky and a blast. We walk up the the pond and watch the beavers swim around, giggles and smiles from the kids. We set up, get the worms on the hooks and we start fishing. My daughter was the only one to catch anything, but it was alot of fun. Trying to teach a 3yr old patience is not exactly easy....as soon as the bobber would 'wiggle' in comes the line as fast as possible.

It was a great time, and I hope to go again soon with her. Here is her mighty catchcraw2.jpg

thanks for all of the ideas of where to go that would be kid friendly and not oo busy.

J

Looks like you had a great time. Here's a little secret. There is a spot where there is a footbridge at one end of the pond. The sunfish hang out in that area....up to where the dam is. The water is not even a foot deep there...worm, bobber and watch them chase it! The rainbows are at the opposite end....cast to the middle and good luck! Worms and bobbers work for them as well.