Kinzua Lake is Hot

For anyone who may be interested, Kinzua, aka, Allegheny Reservoir, walleye action is red hot. Kinzua is located on the border of NYS and PA, just south of Olean NY, just a little more than an hour south from Buffalo, NY. I have fished this body of water for years but have never seen anything quite like this. I fished a Disabled American Veterans tourney over the weekend, most every team brought a limit to the scales both days. My partner and I caught over 100 walleyes over the weekend. Most legal fish are perfect eaters in the 16-18" range, with occaisional bigger fish being picked up. The best bite seems to be on the upper end of the reservoir on the Seneca Nations waters in 2-5 fow running slow death crawlers right up next to the brush. Carp are spawning heavy, muddying up the bottom, which has brought millions of minnows into the shallows, which in turn has brought the walleyes. If you find a good mud line you'll likely find walleyes. A NYS license isn't needed but a Seneca Nations license is required @ around $40.00. (can't remember for sure).

awesome weekend fred you guys sure got into them congrats

Corvette, nice hearing from you. Just as additional information, the Seneca Nations will begin stocking fingering walleyes this year. Kinzua may very well be on it's way back to the glory years.

Edited by doubleheader

Corvette, nice hearing from you. Just as additional information, the Seneca Nations will begin stocking fingering walleyes this year. Kinzua may very well be on it's way back to the glory years.

Thats great news...havent been there for a while