Mixed opening day stringer

big guy

Hit Sturgeon yesterday morning after the forecast was calling for T-storms in the late afternoon and evening. Thought the fish would be on the bite with the impending weather, but they weren't overly aggressive. We did manage 2 pickerel, 1 just under the slot, 3 large bluegill, a couple of perch, 2 smallies, one was 3.5-4 pounds and boated 1 small muskie. I lost one other very muskie after fighting it for a minute or so, couldn't bring it up using a pickerel rod with 8 pound test, stayed deep, took a couple of decent runs and eventually went under the boat and broke me off. Didn't even get a look at it to gauge it's size, but it was a good one for sure.

So the weather never did materialize, it was a lovely evening that I would have preferred fishing instead of the middle of the day. It did rain last night, but no storm.

Pickerel and especially the bluegill were very tasty on the plate this morning for my wife's special day.

I was on Sturgeon on Saturday as well. Didn't do that well either. We only got 2 SMB and one perch. I saw a lot of boats and no one was catching walleyes. Nobody was able to find the fish. Honestly, I didn't even see one on the sonar. WHERE WERE THEY.

Anyone find the walleyes on Sturgeon on Saturday?

I was on Sturgeon on Saturday as well. Didn't do that well either. We only got 2 SMB and one perch. I saw a lot of boats and no one was catching walleyes. Nobody was able to find the fish. Honestly, I didn't even see one on the sonar. WHERE WERE THEY.

I was out on Sunday afternoon - probably not the best time. I had the same results boating 0 walleye but a few bass and a musky which were released of course.

Any "bites" we had and the ones we did catch, came in the 8-10 foot range over and around weed beds. I think the weed bed I normally troll this time of year is a little more advanced than in the past, water temps were around 55-56°. All of our fish came from the same areas.

Any "bites" we had and the ones we did catch, came in the 8-10 foot range over and around weed beds. I think the weed bed I normally troll this time of year is a little more advanced than in the past, water temps were around 55-56°. All of our fish came from the same areas.

Whereabouts were you and what did you use. Also, what time of day were you catching fish.

Whereabouts were you and what did you use. Also, what time of day were you catching fish.

West shore, rapala's in bright colours, then darker as some cloud cover came in, from 10:30 or so to 4:30