Shimano Stradic Ci4 2500 vs. 3000

addy79

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there owns both the 2500 and 3000 Ci4 reels. I read that the spools on each are interchangable, so if you need added line capacity you can throw on a 3000 spool or vice versa. Is this the only difference? If so, why is the 3000 about $40 more??

pairing the reel up with a 7'2" Xfast Cumara for drop shotting and bottom bouncing.

Can't figure out which model to go with! Any input is appreciated

:canadian:

Have you tried one out?? I was going to get one but couldn't get past the round hand grip instead of the usual paddle, ended up with a pfleuger patriarch which is sweet. I did notice the grip on the 3000 is a lot bigger than on the 2500 its a big nobby thing, but i don't see that being a 40$ diff.

If the spool is interchangeable and you want the 3000 I would purchase the 2500 and buy a 3000 spool as these reels do not come with a spare spool. You could spool the 2500 spool with braid and the 3000 with fluoro. Use the braid in tinted water with a leader, and use the fluoro in clear water. I was never a huge believer in line transparency and the effect on fishing, but I fish Simcoe a few times a year, and have always used braided mainline. This year I am going to try running full fluoro line and see if it makes a difference. Never had any luck on Simcoe if you are wondering why I am looking to switch.

thanks guys,

I'm thinking along the same lines...

having interchangeable spools is a nice bonus; gonna probably stick with the 2500 and buy an extra 3000 spool for a little variety.

on a side note; anyone try the Suffix fluoro?