St. Clair

tightline

Was out on the maiden voyage of Tipsea II last weekend on Lake Erie and got Skunked. Crappy day cold and wet and clueless as to where the fish were. Couldn't find so much as a hand full of grass? Tough lake for first timers forsure!! But as luck should have it we both have next weekend free and were St. Clair bound. We know all about the Belle River Hump and its whereabouts as we've experienced its bountiful treasures. My only question is hows the fishing? It's a four hour drive from here and we don't wanna go on a cold bite. Not looking for any spots, just wondering if there's fish to be had.

Thanks all in advance..tightlines, trout is t-minus 6 hours!!!

Edited by tightline

Was out on the maiden voyage of Tipsea II last weekend on Lake Erie and got Skunked. Crappy day cold and wet and clueless as to where the fish were. Couldn't find so much as a hand full of grass? Tough lake for first timers forsure!! But as luck should have it we both have next weekend free and were St. Clair bound. We know all about the Belle River Hump and its whereabouts as we've experienced its bountiful treasures. My only question is hows the fishing? It's a four hour drive from here and we don't wanna go on a cold bite. Not looking for any spots, just wondering if there's fish to be had.

Thanks all in advance..tightlines, trout is t-minus 6 hours!!!

Try by Lakeview Marina in the Peche Island area at the mouth of the Detroit river. Water has been very dirty due to high winds this week. Five day forecast calls for light rain and showers Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with increasing temperatures and clearing by Thursday with fairly light winds all week. If the winds stay that way the water should clear up. It's a tremendous fish factory. We don't have a closed season here and the walleye fishing in the Detroit river got started early this year due to the higher than normal temps and it has been excellent when the weather cooperates but still good when it hasn't. Hope this helps.

Thanks guys, if you's don't mind me dropping you a pm later in the week to check conditions would appreciate it. Will talk to my friend but I'm sure we have room on the boat for 1 if anybody wanted to go.

Edited by tightline