Got laid off

lovetofish

Its really not that hard to find a job as a mechanic. I've had 5 interviews this week and have one job offer and waiting to hear from one more place. The only problem is they don't want me to start until the last week of may. I'm already on unemployment for sick benefits because of my stomach ulcer. Finally feeling good, might not mind waiting until the last week of may. This Saturday is trout opener, next saturday pike opens on lake Ontario and then walley opener the following weekend :whistling:

Edited by lovetofish

Looks like a good spot to practice my new setup! Found a cheap float real in my garage (I got it when my Grandpa passed, he bought it at winners),took the clicker out, so it free wheels. I have been using a spinning reel on my 10'6" medium-light action rod. I spooled the fly reel up with 50yds of backing, a lot of 30lbs mono, followed by 12lbs braid and then 5lbs fluoro. Very interested to see how it works.

I don't know the areas too well before this forum I would do 5 hours of general fishing research a night, I like questions so keep them coming, I would fish the don I think, many people will disagree but I think that 1 there are less anglers 2 more access with walking trails, and 3 it's calmer. I'm all up for meeting up, maybe in the next few weekends sometime.