Chalkley's Sandy Bay Cottage Resort

Toddyc20

I am planning to attend Chalkley's Sandy Bay Cottage Resort this coming June and I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this resort? Also how is the fishing in the area near the resort? We will be targeting Pike, Bass, Walleye and probably I'll throw some Muskie baits.

Thanks in advance for the information

Pretty sure our member sandybay is Jeff Chalkley. PM him. I have read his posts on other forums and he is always a big help. Lots of good fishing on South Shore and Jeff knows the area well.

Thanks that is good to know. Nice to hear good things about the place too. My friend' father lives in north bay and said he's heard nothing but great things so I'm really excited to stay there.

I am planning to attend Chalkley's Sandy Bay Cottage Resort this coming June and I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this resort? Also how is the fishing in the area near the resort? We will be targeting Pike, Bass, Walleye and probably I'll throw some Muskie baits.

Thanks in advance for the information

I've been going to Jeff's on and off for over 15 years now. Jeff's a nice friendly guy and is always helpful. Their prices are really good compared to others around the lake. Its not a 5 star resort but it has nice clean cottages and everything you need for fishing in June. Hey by the way this spring is going, you are going to be able to swim on the awesome beach. Fishing wise, in a normal June, you could catch as many pickerel (walleye) as you want within sight of the resort. If this warm spring continues the pickerel will be on the mid lake humps that are 5-15 minutes away. Ask Jeff for the fishing hotspots at the time. He knows where they are. I'm pretty sure he'll chime in on this message as well. Have fun.