Rate the Curados

bucktail

Ok , Im looking at another combo this year and I was wondering whay peoiple think of the Curado E and G ( and what happened to F ) I have heard from previous posts that people are not as happy with the new E and G's as the previous models.

All of my baitcasters are the silver version and I have never had a problem. I have been surfing Ebay for a new one or a lightly used one and wonder if I grab a E or G or stay with older silver model previous models and skip it all togethher for a Core.

I asked about the Core and got the usual great response here, but I CANNOT find a deal on a Core anywhere.

Thanks

Darren

The curados are good. But they cheapened them this year. E series are nice if ur gonna get one. The D series were the best ones. If ur gonna get one, the core is great! But expensive. The chronarch is the best route to go, its basically last years curado, dropped the price, but still a very nice, solid reel.

I love my curado's. I have 3 200E7's and 1 200E5 and they are great. I've seen the new G series and i'm not as impressed with them. There are still the E models to be had, I've seen them as cheap as $145. If you are willing to spend around $200, the Chronarch's are essentially last year's curado, pretty much the same specs.

The 200e7 is a solid and versatile reel. I've had mine for about three years without complaint. I've set up four other fishermen buddies with them and they all like em.

I also picked up a 200e5 for cranking and a 300e for steelhead and Muskie/big baits.

The core is extremely nice but almost twice the cost. As was mentioned the new chronarchs

As others have said, the E series is a very popular platform that has since been replaced with teh G series. The G series is based on the frame from the lower end Caenan frame. By many accounts, it is not as refined as the E series. The Chronarch E is a repainted Curado E series reel in case you want a Curado E series from teh current lineup. For reliability and performance, ou cannot really go wrong with a Curado E.

The reason they skipped F is because in the Shimano lineup, F series reels denote front drag spinning reels. R series denote rear drag spinning reels.

On top of the chronarch being a remodelled curado, they also beefed up the gearing and drag systems in them. So ur getting a better version of the curado E. At a better price.

And did anyone think that with the changes and price drop, we might see another reel slide into the lineup between the chronarch and core at that 250ish price point?

2 years ago, i bought a Curado 300e, on the advise of many of the members.I have bee searching for ''THE'' rod to pair it with. The reel is heavier than the Citica i am used to using. I have paired it with an Abu Vendetta, and a Compre, and i didnt like the feel of either combo. So it sat at home, never being used, only to be taken with me occasionaly when looking for it's soul mate.

That finally happened last saturday at the Montreal Fishing show. I started speaking with the Quantum Rep in the Le Baron booth.Cant remember his name, but he knew his stuff.told him my story, and even though Curado is Shimano, he pulled a rod off the rack, and said, here is what you want. A Quantum Smoke PT 7' MH Fast action.Show price was 77 bucks, no taxclapping.gifclapping.gifthumbsup_anim.gif

This is a 150 dollar rod, for 77 bucks.w00t.gif

And i must say, paired with the reel, it feels like part of my arm.Balanced and just the right length and handle to make the Curado feel half its weight.

I am looking forward to using it this summer, as my go to rod.

Paul