Fat Girls North of Keswick

jedimaster

Ever notice how the further north you go the fatter the girls get?

fatgirls.jpg

Ha Ha... anyway, spent the day out with Tim Hales ice fishing huts today. I am not big on using guides because I just like to discover the places on my own, I find that being half the fun. I went out with a group of guys today, and I was very happy with the experience. Had tonnes of minnows, the huts were nice and warm, tey were ready and waiting for use to load up our stuff with no waiting around. Everyone that worked there was very plesant and friendly, and without asking they even went out of there way to ensure we got a nice group photo at the end of the day. The huts had nicely padded seats and they were very clean.

Oh yah, and they put us on some fish. Our group of 6 caught about 100 or more perch we kept about 30 of the decent sized ones. As a special treat we had a sarm of about 30 or 40 cisco attack us near the end of the day. We tried to not catch them but it was impossible. everytime we dropped a minnow down they attacked like pack of hungry sharks. We could see the swarm clear as day. Unfortunatly only 3 of us had the experience as we were in 2 huts and the other didn't see them.

All in all great day.

Perch were caught in what felt like about 20fow, Various jigging rigs tipped with minnows, some dead sticks, a few pickeral rigs, I was acatching on non minnow jigs, and spoons.

I hope everyone has had the chance to get out for some ice fishing this year...

BTW I am NOT in the least associated with the outfitter, as I have never even heard of him before. So take this as an unbiased review and two thumbs up.

Now lets hope burke can net ice a nice catch on Monday, right now the leafs are floundering.....

Edited by jedimaster