Marten Lake report

gino

Hey guys!

We've been last weekend to Marten Lake. Had an awesome time. The guys at Beverland Camp, Albert and Dorothy are very good hosts.Fishing was OK. We were not picky and went for anything that might bite. Anyway, we had only lake trout, because any other fish wouldn't bite. One of my buddies even had a underwater camera. We could see the fish coming by our minnow and just swim away. Very nice size walleye and whitefish in that lake but they would not bite at all. We even hoped for some pike in the shallower areas but nothing.

Here is one of the lakers that we caught over the weekend.

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu58/gino197/Ice%20Fishing/photo.jpg

Cheers!

Gino

Hey guys!

We've been last weekend to Marten Lake. Had an awesome time. The guys at Beverland Camp, Albert and Dorothy are very good hosts.Fishing was OK. We were not picky and went for anything that might bite. Anyway, we had only lake trout, because any other fish wouldn't bite. One of my buddies even had a underwater camera. We could see the fish coming by our minnow and just swim away. Very nice size walleye and whitefish in that lake but they would not bite at all. We even hoped for some pike in the shallower areas but nothing.

Here is one of the lakers that we caught over the weekend.

http://i633.photobuc...shing/photo.jpg

Cheers!

Gino

Way to go Gino!!..Were you fishing big Marten Lake, or were you just the other side of that small bridge. We were at Marten River Lodge last summer and worked our way past Beaverland, under the small(tiny) bridge, through one water body and into the larger water body where hermits beach is.

Found the fishing to be tough though last august.

How thick was the ice when you were there?

Dan

thanks guys! it was really a nice weekend despite the fact that other species would not bite...

@Machine57...we fished a nice spot on Little Marten where they had the ice huts and then we went on the Big Marten. Ice was solid 20 inches except the bridges area, we stayed away from that.

surely there is good fish on this lakes but i guess you have to be there when they bite... :Gonefishing: