Callander Bay, Lake Nipissing

Nipfisher

Nice that we can now drive on the bay (and lake for the most part) but there is a lack of snow making it tough for the snowmobilers. When I went to my shack on Thursday there was a piece of a broken carbide runner and the bolt on the ice behind my hut. Here is what the bay looked like on Thursday Feb. 9th.

CIMG2519.jpg

So.....taking advantage of the lack of snow I took my oldest son Alex out for a fish/skate at the hut. He is already an accomplished figure skater but my brother-in-law bought him hockey skates for Christmas and he hasn't had much chance to use them. Here is our 1st video. Sorry for the movement of the camera. Sit down if you start to feel woosy.

th_CIMG2522.jpg

We found some better ice along the staked road so we did a second video before the camera died.

th_CIMG2523.jpg

Here is a picture of Bartlett's Towing removing the GMC Envoy that went partially through the ice on Jan 13th.

CIMG2520.jpg

Edited by Nipfisher

we should get together this weekend at some point!

Playing in a hockey tournament in Sundridge for the weekend. Snuck out to the hut this afternon from 3-4:30 and got a nice little eye. Missed a bigger one jigging. Gotta figure out how to get my transducer out of the way and still hold the fish on the hook :wallbash:

Ahhh

How deep you fishing?

Is there on other cut out beside the one your fishing in?

Depending on depth and cone angle your ducer can be a few feet away from your fishing hole and still mark your bait...

Hut is 8 x 12 so holes are about 10' apart. Only fishing 19 fow.

Worked better today as I had the transducer cable haging along the side of the hole (ice). I was using the float before and in the 9" hole it took up more room.

Only got a pike and 4 perch today. Nothing jigging.