SuperBowl

jedimaster

I said he's a outstanding receiver not a ELITE receiver....ELITE RECEIVERS are NOT slot receivers....in today's NFL game a ELITE receiver is mostly a large 6'2" or taller receiver that can not only stretch the field but go up in the air OVER a smaller D-Back and make a catch most other receivers cannot make....Elite receivers are Wide Outs that draw double coverage. Wes Walker never draws double coverage from any team like a ELITE Receiver does game in and game out....not don't take me wrong....he's a top NFL receiver but not a ELITE Receiver.....don't believe me take a look how he is rated by experts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82036e05/article/grab-bag-games-best-wrs-ride-firstround-pedigree

We'll soon see how good the rest of the NFL ranks Welker as he's a free agent and should draw some nice offers....but not a ELITE Receiver offer if I might guess.

Bob

lol. Give me a break. I knew you would say that beacause he is a slot. Is he 6'2" with a 40 inch ver and runs a 4.2 40? no but lots of those "wide outs" won't run a slant across the middle like Welker. Welker is faster than you think and he often does draw double from the LB and a safety (not a corner). If you don't think he is elite because of an article THAT WAS PUBLISHED IN JUNE BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED, you need to look at other articles. The numbers don't lie. A receiver can look awesome on paper and be very average on teh field. Welker looks below average on paper yet leads the NFL in 5 of the 9 major categories. I guess Elite up here means something totally different. my bad http://bleacherreport.com/articles/909110-top-5-wide-receivers-in-the-nfl-this-season#/articles/909110-top-5-wide-receivers-in-the-nfl-this-season/page/5

Edited by Cudz

lol. Give me a break. I knew you would say that beacause he is a slot. Is he 6'2" with a 40 inch ver and runs a 4.2 40? no but lots of those "wide outs" won't run a slant across the middle like Welker. Welker is faste than you think. If you don't think he is elite because of an article THAT WAS PUBLISHED IN JUNE BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED, you need to look at other articles. The numbers don't lie. A receiver can look awesome on paper and be very average on teh field. Welker looks below average on paper yet leads the NFL in 5 of the 9 major categories. I guess Elite up here means something totally different. my bad http://bleacherrepor...s-season/page/5

Gotta side with Cudz here on this. Billy Bob, you lost all cred anyway with Big Cliff slappin ya silly as it is. :whistling:

We here in Denver would covet Welker and this coming from a team that ran Brandan Marshall outta town. And don't let the door hit ya in the :asshat: on the way out.

lol. Give me a break. I knew you would say that beacause he is a slot. Is he 6'2" with a 40 inch ver and runs a 4.2 40? no but lots of those "wide outs" won't run a slant across the middle like Welker. Welker is faster than you think and he often does draw double from the LB and a safety (not a corner). If you don't think he is elite because of an article THAT WAS PUBLISHED IN JUNE BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED, you need to look at other articles. The numbers don't lie. A receiver can look awesome on paper and be very average on teh field. Welker looks below average on paper yet leads the NFL in 5 of the 9 major categories. I guess Elite up here means something totally different. my bad http://bleacherreport.com/articles/909110-top-5-wide-receivers-in-the-nfl-this-season#/articles/909110-top-5-wide-receivers-in-the-nfl-this-season/page/5

I gave you a break when I said he was a outstanding receiver.....sorry he's NOT a Elite Receiver as there are only a very few in the league...but we'll all call him a ELITE receiver if it makes you sleep better tonight.... :D

BOTTOM LINE HE DROPPED THAT PASS

AND

WAIT FOR IT

THE NEW YORK GIANTS WON !

(all because Wes Welker can't catch)

LOL

Edited by Billy Bob

Just might be the quickest way to lock this thread up. :whistling:

I'll tell ya what, out here its all Tebow all the time. With the 2' of snow we got recently, well here you go.

http://ironicsurrealism.com/tag/tebowed/

THAT'S a GOOD ONE....LOL

I don't know what I would do with Tim Tebow on my team...but I would find a spot for him......he sucks as a thrower but carries himself very good as a NFL QB who can't make many good throws....I glad he had a good season as he's one of the few players who knows how to act on and off the football field....I'm tired of the celebrating player who just made a routine play and acts like he just won the game for his team all while his team is losing by 30 points or more....guys, that act has gotten OLD a very long time ago.

THAT'S a GOOD ONE....LOL

I don't know what I would do with Tim Tebow on my team...but I would find a spot for him......he sucks as a thrower but carries himself very good as a NFL QB who can't make many good throws....I glad he had a good season as he's one of the few players who knows how to act on and off the football field....I'm tired of the celebrating player who just made a routine play and acts like he just won the game for his team all while his team is losing by 30 points or more....guys, that act has gotten OLD a very long time ago.

Yeah, I'm with ya there.

He does have this inane leadership ability to raise everyone's game. Of course, Buffalo does seems to have Denver's number.

Back to the Super Bowl, how did ya like the halftime show? I kinda liked Madanna, but the black rapper chicks, flippin the bird and stuff, coulda done without. And where were the wardrobe malfuntions. :w00t:

I knew nothing about Madonna but I watched the half time show....she's in GREAT shape for a 53 year old women but I don't care for her music....I'm a 70's music guy with a wife who's trying to get me to like country music...LOL

The black childish girl (M.I.A.) needs to be taught a good lesson.....like withhold her pay check for that stupid act...but the NFL loves this because it's even more publicity for them....meaning even more $$$ down the line for the NFL.

I gave you a break when I said he was a outstanding receiver.....sorry he's NOT a Elite Receiver as there are only a very few in the league...but we'll all call him a ELITE receiver if it makes you sleep better tonight.... :D

BOTTOM LINE HE DROPPED THAT PASS

AND

WAIT FOR IT

THE NEW YORK GIANTS WON !

(all because Wes Welker can't catch)

LOL

Lol. Let's agree to disagree. By the way I am in no way a pats fan and wanted the giants to win.