Yurt "Camping" with a good friend..

NAW

The ger (the original Mongolian term), or the yurt (in Russian), is the traditional dwelling of the Mongols and, in general, that of nomadic people in Central Asia. So Terry guy ,they both the same .. But what you stayed in N.A.W.was nither

No kidding. We poked fun at that all weekend. A true yurt is supposed to be portable. It would take a week to break this thing down, and a flat bed truck to move it. In no way, shape or form is this a traditional dwelling of a nomad..

But it was a comfy and warm place to stay.

I think the best part was sitting on the lake in pitch black dark with the yotes howling all around you.

Good thing I had bud the spud!

No kidding. We poked fun at that all weekend. A true yurt is supposed to be portable. It would take a week to break this thing down, and a flat bed truck to move it. In no way, shape or form is this a traditional dwelling of a nomad..

But it was a comfy and warm place to stay.

I think the best part was sitting on the lake in pitch black dark with the yotes howling all around you.

Good thing I had bud the spud!

If you told me winter camping 15 years ago , ARE YOU NUTS , but a few years ago me and a few brave friends went out with tents and propane heaters snow machines and took on some great laker and splake lakes around Elliot Lake for some ice fishing . First year we froze our buts off but we learned and next two years we did well. In the winter you have access to places you could never think of going with the swampy land and bugs of summer , Get out there if my wife liked it ,all will , as my wife hates bugs and wet feet ,I thought she hated cold too , but if you plan well and with the winter stuff you can buy these days .. NO BUGS < NO PEOPLE < NO SWAMPS < how can it not be fun ..

I've never been winter camping before. But have been doing a little research lately. I'd like to give it a try. Maybe next winter.

From what I can tell, as long as your prepaired, it's not to bad.