Simax ice fishing rod

Cosmos

I own the MH 28" rod and have handled the UL and ML.

I think it's got a much better bend than any of the st croixs. I have no clue what the blank is in terms of sensitivity, but I haven't had any problems with feeling the bite yet. I like mine and will buy another one the next time I get a rod. (Hopefully I won't get another one this season... I don't need anymore rods :P)

I know that the softwater rods are one of the best in terms of splining for the best bend. (Go and take a look at some rods the next time you go to a tackle store.

BTW, splining is because any rod bends best only in 1 direction. Placing your guides along that will produce good bends, while ones that are not on the spline do not bend anywhere near as well as ones that are. On a rod that isn't splined, there should be some torque/twisting on the rod when a load is on the rod. (Not to bash on high end rods, but sometimes their QC decides not to check the spline and you end up with a rod that isn't as good as it could be)

Edited by EC1

That's good to hear!! I am a little worried about the small eyelets. They are very small, ice up might be an issue...

That's my concern as well. I own couple of rods with small eyelets, and there is a big issue with ice build up everytime you are reeling lure out.