Golden Eagle Camp

Steve_R

Never stayed at Golden Eagle but I used to fish downstream from there. Up Consol Creek and above the dam also around Elk Lake. Lots of pike. In opening waleye season you can do OK around the bridge in Elk Lake and the bass in the Golden Eagle area can be good as well as some eyes. Some old fellas told me that the waleye fishing above the dam used to be amazing.

If you head that far down the river to where the dam is be carefull, it's really stumpy and your prop will became an excellent log finder.

Well this may help you a litte, if not then at least your thread got bumped up.

Have a good time :Gonefishing: at Golden Eagle and I'm sure they can direct you to the current hot spots.

Stayed there back about 4 years ago with my family, my brother and his kids. Fishing is pretty good, especially in and around "the magic" hour.

We tried many different artificial baits, but we did our best using jigs and worms... pretty much guarrantted a nice Pickereye meal, every time we went out.

Key locations for us were high current areas, where the river narrowed, then opened up to a larger bay.

Any other questions, let me know!

HH