Channel Catfishing

fishinggeek

With BBR's entertaining report, I'm thinking of having a go at catfishing. I've never tried it before. What's the closest location to the GTA for channel cats? Also, this might sound like a stupid question, but how can I tell the difference between a channel cat and a bullhead? To me, ugly is ugly... ;)

Thanks for the advice! I tried googling first but couldn't find anything close. I found Washago (Trent River) and Dunnville (Grand River), but both are a bit too far from Toronto. It's weird how far I'll go for good Muskie, Trout, or Walleye, but for cats, especially my first time trying, I don't want to invest too much gasoline at over a dollar a litre.

Well the site is in the states but it tells you what to look for as far as distinguishing between the diferent cats.

Like i said it really is all in the tail. ;)

Cats are fun to fish for. :thumbsup_anim:

yea i have caught one before when i was fishing with my grandfather (rest his soul) i was about 11 years old and man, it fought me for a good 10 minutes as i was using like 8 # test on a mickey mouse pole lol .. mind u i didnt have to touch it so i have no idea how to handle the buggers...

LOL

You would be surprised at actually how many grown men will not touch a cat fish.......lol

I am often handling and removing hooks from catfish when the derby is on here in dover.....It makes me chuckle thats for sure. :D