Bait of choice-Lake Nipissing?

fishinmortician

Let's put it this way...we fished for two full days, and, a half day on two others. Juli never changed her lure! Silver Swedish Pimple with orange tape tipped with a full minnow.

I also had pretty good success with a silver/black W5 Rapala Jiggin Rap, tipped with a minnow head on the lower treble.

Good Luck!

Jigging rap is where I usually start. I figure it's somewhere in the middle and then I'll go more or less aggressive based on what I see on the finder.

I'll let you know how Saturday goes.

Well for Saturday the jiggin rap worked very well. Of course I had one on at least one rod 90% of the time yesterday, so there is an element of self fulfilling prophecy to it. I don't tip mine with bait, but it's hard to say where that made a difference or not. The more active lures sure drew in fish but the rap tagged the most fish. I only used a set line while eating, but my brother used one more often and it really was a pita. Even with large shiners the perch where robbin' him left and right. We had good action from sun up to about 11am and then things picked up around 3 but slowed down by 4pm even though it was sunny a light out past 5pm.