Manistee Steelhead

solopaddler

Great story and pictures!

Maybe if Ontario MNR stocked more steelhead and opened a few select rivers a little more,

we wouldn't have to travel to Michigan or Ohio, but could contribute to the economy here. Just a thought.

Again great post and excellent pictures!

ehg

Great story and pictures!

Maybe if Ontario MNR stocked more steelhead and opened a few select rivers a little more,

we wouldn't have to travel to Michigan or Ohio, but could contribute to the economy here. Just a thought.

Again great post and excellent pictures!

ehg

Actually, I like the way the OMNR manages our steelhead by and large. The basic difference between Ontario and the States is they're into stocking and we're into habitat enhacement. The vast majority of the fish running our rivers are wild and there's definitely something to be said for that.

Now, as far as never travelling to places like Michigan and Ohio? The reason I go is to experience different water and new challenges, not to catch fish. If all I was interested in was catching fish I'd head east of Toronto and beat those waters to froth with my float :P

There's just soo many incredible rivers to fish! That's what makes being an avid steelheader living in this region so great :D

And hey, thank's for the kind words everyone!

Wow...you're reports just keep getting better! Seemed like only a few months ago the pics were a little fuzzy...kinda 70's loooking...oh wait...that was a few months ago...LOL.

Anyhow, I dream of having outings like you have!!! Great work...sounded like a great time!

Wow...you're reports just keep getting better! Seemed like only a few months ago the pics were a little fuzzy...kinda 70's loooking...oh wait...that was a few months ago...LOL.

Anyhow, I dream of having outings like you have!!! Great work...sounded like a great time!

LOL! You guys are gonna see a few more of those fuzzy reports :lol:

They're actually not all that old, it's just that I don't have a proper scanner and was just taking a picture of the photographs with my digital.

I've got a few more canoe trips from the archives I've been meaning to post.

LOL! You guys are gonna see a few more of those fuzzy reports :lol:

They're actually not all that old, it's just that I don't have a proper scanner and was just taking a picture of the photographs with my digital.

I've got a few more canoe trips from the archives I've been meaning to post.

I know they are not that old...you've explained that in your previous posts...I'm just yankin your chain....LOL. Seriously though, your trips, results, pics and reports are absolutely amazing. Your threads are always a must read for me.

Now..I gotta find out how to get on board the good ship solopaddler....LOL :lol: I can carry bait, gear and I can gather a mean stack of firewood....haha.

[quote Now..I gotta find out how to get on board the good ship solopaddler....LOL :lol: I can carry bait, gear and I can gather a mean stack of firewood....haha.

I ve been steelheading a very long time and I have meet thousands upon thousands of steelheaders both die hard and float dunkers alike, having fished with solo a few times the dude is all out hardcore and one of the nicest guys I have shared a drift in all those yrs.....

Nice pics for sure solo