Few questions...

spanky

So i booked our honeymoon, staying at RAVENSCROFT LODGE lodge in Temagami at the end of June, clean quiet cheap and recommended by a good friend... i'm wondering if anyone has any shore spots between North Bay and Temagami where i could do some brook trout fishing (never been to that area and have a day and a half to kill, please don't make me go shopping with the wife lol)... you can PM me if you like.... heck, even shore spots for some walleye/pike would be good.

I will be purchasing PFD's for my wife and I, now i'm going to be ordering from BPS for these and was curious on the regulations, are the USCG approved ones okay or is there another designation i shold be looking for? these are the PFD's

Lastly, anyone ever fish jumping caribou lake, any pointers would be good... will be the first vacation for the wife and i together... and besides it being our honeymoon, i would like to get her into her first pike and walleye...

God love a woman who WANTS to go fishing on her honeymoon LOL

Edited by phat bassturd

Congrats on the honeymoon thing. :clapping: ..and im lucky as well my future wife loves to go fishing as well.and yes those PFD'S at bass pro are all certified and pass all the rules you are ok,you dont have to get them there they have lots at canadian tire and wal-mart has them as well...you must rent a boat on lake temagami,the fishing is great,and that lake has everything you want to catch and there is also huge lake trout there and walleye fishing is good to,so you might just want to fish there ...i sure would,well have a great time and hope you get info about the other questions you asked....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: oh and you might want to PM irishfield thats his home turf,he will know about those lakes and where for brookies

Edited by fishindevil

thanks for the help all :)

We will be at the camp for the week, 16' boat/15hp motor, all meals, fireplace and a bunch of other stuff is all included for $900. for the 5 nights, great deal imo, aslong as the fishing is as good as i've been told :)

Clamp-It.... didn't know there was a place in north bay to do so, thank you!!

Rizzo- congrats on the snapper, i know lots of guys try and try and try and it takes years for some to catch a snapper :o ... as for "jumping" caribou, it was my wifes idea, maybe i should get to know her better before i marry her :o lol

i hope it doesn't turn out like that... she's a farm girl tho, so she's more comfortable in the boonies then she is in a mall!!

And as a follow up, i gave BPS in T.O. a call and they are not approved by the canadian coast guard/transport canada... and BPS doesn't carry anything else in that style (mesh shoulders)... so the search goes on