Check the ice

Nipfisher

Front end of a chevy Blazer with a plow went in the bay today about a kilometer away from my hut. He was pulling a hut out. At 6pm the plow, front end, and entire hood was under water. They were trying to save it with 4-wheelers but it was a losing battle. Lots of ice in most areas but always be careful with early ice.

That's why I won't be driving on Nip till feb or later or never this year.

Yesterday, I was in the middle of a backlake and found a random open hole with my foot, 4 feet away from 10 inches of ice. With non-ice friendly weather like we've had, the lakes aren't locked up like they usually are.

It'll be there for a while, frozen in the ice, until the recovery equipment is available... The other towing companys won't touch it yet, with the uncertain ice capacity.

Isn't it an Equinox? Who puts a plow on an Equinox.

... And here is opportunity to win Vinnies funny ice fishing photo contest!

How heavy is your car/truck?

As of right now I am NOT driving to my hut do to slush. I am confident the ice is o.k. to support a full sized truck between the launch and my hut but the slush is realy hard on the vehicles. Freezes your brakes right up and makes driving home no fun. With such a short walk I will continue to use my sled or feet until the slush freezes....if it ever does.

As of right now I am NOT driving to my hut do to slush. I am confident the ice is o.k. to support a full sized truck between the launch and my hut but the slush is realy hard on the vehicles. Freezes your brakes right up and makes driving home no fun. With such a short walk I will continue to use my sled or feet until the slush freezes....if it ever does.

Hey Blair, with all the minus temps predicted for the next two weeks, the ice should be good and thick for the GTG :thumbsup_anim: