Crestliner vs Smokercraft?

solopaddler

Given that young children will be in the boat Mike, I would not even think twice and get the riveted hull.

I don't doubt that you could buy the welded hull and have a super boat, Mike. But something to consider is that should you have a hull problem while up there with the wife and kids on your yearly vacation, it'd be a snap to repair a few rivets as opposed to a cracked hull. You at least would not have lost you and your family's vacation time.

I don't doubt that you could buy the welded hull and have a super boat, Mike. But something to consider is that should you have a hull problem while up there with the wife and kids on your yearly vacation, it'd be a snap to repair a few rivets as opposed to a cracked hull. You at least would not have lost you and your family's vacation time.

I know some guy that could even be talked into flying in with parts and tools.... for a steak and a beer!! :whistling:

The first hand feedback from you guys has been appreciated. I'm still talking with both guys though, nothing's been done yet.

Thanks again!

If something like that happened when I was there I have at least 3 other boats that belong to friends at my disposal, so no big deal.

I know some guy that could even be talked into flying in with parts and tools.... for a steak and a beer!! :whistling:

Assuming you have a normal summer this year with no unexpected tragedies I expect to see you at some point. Always have steaks in the fridge. ;)

Forget both of those boats and buy my Ranger.....

Not the style of boat I need buddy.