Bathtub replacement

jedimaster

Getting the bathtub out is the easiest part!

Chances are you will have to cut out the drywall as the poster above stated... is the tub on the second floor or first floor? Do you have acess to plumb the sucker once its in? Technically it is easy to do, a bit of work is required, but it can be done. Trust me, I would suggest just getting it refinished... if you're not handy.

As previous posters have stated, what started off as a bathtub replacement quickly became a bathroom make over. If you have any questions, post pictures, I'm sure we can help you out.

Thanks for all the input, I think I'll just look around for some sort of anti skid coating for the bottom, failing that a full length tub mat. Just more work than I want to bother getting into. I think everyones input was of much assistance, and I thank everyone. Including the pm's I got. :) besides its more time to sharpen my hooks and go fishing. Lol

I would keep in mind the fact that if you are replacing the tub, chances are the tile is old as well and bound to leak at any time (assuming it is old). My bathroom L-Cove tiles lasted 30 years before they started to leak, which is considered excellent. As a result of the leak, I was into water damage on the ceiling beneath. Something to keep in mind.

I had a really crappy old bathtub refinished a few years ago just before we moved.

Can't speak about the durability, but it looked absolutely mint when the guy was finished.

This may not be the best option, but it's likely your cheapest and most hassle free option.