St Croix Repair

Dan668

My brothers legend elite broke while fighting a smallie. I seen on an old post that theirs a depot in Mississauga, but when i talked to St croix they told me you can just walk in, you can only ship it there, and since you live in that city, you might as well ship it straight to us.

Now ive never shipped a rod before, but do have tubes from previous orders. Wouldnt it be cheaper for me to ship it to the depot in Mississauga?

Thanks

Come up and see me, I will take care of you. $20 for the return shipping, but I lump a bunch together and split the shipping cost down between 3-4 customers. Sending some in on tuesday. Let me know.

RED

Dufferin Outdoor Supply

I'd bring it in for an over the counter exchange somewhere.

No such thing unfortunately.

Any tackle shop that carries St. Croix would certainly ship the broken rod back to St. Croix for you.

I've done a few times over the years with at least 3 different stores.

Then you wait for the replacement rod to be mailed.

can you upgrade the rod ?

Come up and see me, I will take care of you. $20 for the return shipping, but I lump a bunch together and split the shipping cost down between 3-4 customers. Sending some in on tuesday. Let me know.

RED

Dufferin Outdoor Supply

Edited by Dave J

can you upgrade the rod ?

No unfortunately, you can not upgrade the rod, and in response to solo paddler, St. Croix encourages over the counter exchange. If I have the model in question, I will most certainly exchange it for you( ya still got to pay the ($20 shipping fee)

RED

No unfortunately, you can not upgrade the rod, and in response to solo paddler, St. Croix encourages over the counter exchange. If I have the model in question, I will most certainly exchange it for you( ya still got to pay the ($20 shipping fee)

RED

Most StCroix retailers will hand you a new rod...

Huh, guess I'm dealing with the wrong retailers.

As far as upgrading the rod, I havn't done that. But assuming it's a 1 piece rod I have had my broken rods replaced with a different model, (broken 1pc 4-8lb Avid, replaced with new 1pc 4-10lb Avid)

If you send the rod back to St. Croix, they will give you a call when they assess the damage. If it can be fixed, they will, if not, they will offer you the opportunity to upgrade your rod(s).

I wanted to do the same as you, drop the rods off at the FedEX Mississauga, FedEX wont allow it since it is not a "store". I ended up shipping out of the Burlington store on the North Service Road. It cost me $17 if I remember correctly, but this is going back a few years.

I ended up upgrading all of my rods I sent back and even ended up buying a Pink rod for the wife with her name on it and all, its pretty sick actually.

I found St. Croix amazing to deal with. They were fast, very polite and very helpful.