Eskimo QuickFish 3

registerfly

If you haven't picked up your new pop up yet, you owe it to yourself to look at this model.

Bought mine after waiting for one that will never arrive from Lebaron (on back order HT 4 person like most items there)

I had a peek at the Clam and new Rapala Sherpa at Sail yesterday and was not impressed at all. Cheap thin material and didn't feel

"nice".

It's my first hut after fishing with a couple buddies who had a 6 man Woods and HT INstaShak last season. The materials are first rate, strong zippers,

supports are super bulky and reinforced, and space is generous. Windows are all velcro which means they are all replaceable if the need arises and to let in some air.

The anchors are like over built monstrosities which should be more than up to the task. And it actually fit back into the case for backpacking duties.

Overall very pleased and great price as well just a tad over $200 tax in, if you're a member. Here's to hoping it holds up well during the season, but if reviews are any indication we shouldn't have anything to

worry about.

Here are some specs.

Specifications:

Fishable Area: 34 sq ft

Capacity: 3-person

Set-Up Size(A): 70 in x 70 in

Height(B): 80 in

Elbow Room©: 90 in x 90 in

Insulation: No

Sled Size: n/a

Collapsed Size: 8.5 in x 8.5 in x 52 in

Weight: 23 lbs

Transport: Backpack

Framework: Hub-Style

Fabric: 300D

Ice Anchor Qty: 6

Large Mesh Pockets: n/a

Ventilation: 2

Windows: 4

Doors: 2

Gear Pockets: 2

Warranty: 1 year limited

Yes I did, do most of my shopping there as their prices are usually the best when a product is in stock, which unfortunately isn't all that often.

I don't mind the level of service, no need for hand holding and pats on the back for me. sometimes I just wanna get in buy the item and leave, but I go enough that there are a couple staff

that know me and we exchange pleasantries.

I wanted to buy my Vinci from them yesterday too, to take advantage of the sale but no stock, so bought it at Sail today and they were over $100 cheaper. Got lucky

It was funny when at Sail, a sales guy recognized me and said hello. Turns out he left Lebarons for greener pastures.

did you get it at lebaron?

I have the same hut as well, can't really complain. I have put it through hell and its still holding up well.

Just a few suggestions though. Make sure if you pack it when it is really cold, take the plastic windows off and pack them seperately, they will crack if it is really cold. Also be careful when breaking it down, i broke one of the fiberglass supports last year.

for 200 bucks, you can't ask for much more!!!

I got the eskimo quickfish 3. After a season of use, the stitching on one of the anchoring points had became loose. Also one of the plastic windows have cracked.

Other than these two issues. This hut has been fantastic!!!

I have a clam 1 man flip over which I never use because of this hut.

Aswell, last year during a VERY windy day, I went out with a group of buddies. One had a clam suitcase style, the other had a clam flip over style. The suitcase style one seem like it was going to take flight at any moment. The flipover one had to have both the front and back doors open so that wind could pass through and not push him off the hole.

With my eskimo, it was well anchored and didn't budge.

If I had to rate this hut, I would say 9/10.

I have the same hut as well, can't really complain. I have put it through hell and its still holding up well.

Just a few suggestions though. Make sure if you pack it when it is really cold, take the plastic windows off and pack them seperately, they will crack if it is really cold. Also be careful when breaking it down, i broke one of the fiberglass supports last year.

for 200 bucks, you can't ask for much more!!!

Great tip on the windows Rolly.

Great tip on the windows Rolly.

I just remember how pissed I was when I went to use my hut the next day and realized I had busted them. Hate to see that happen to other people....lol

Speaking of the hut....I think its about time I got mine out of storage!!!!