the Golden Route Lodge on sideburned lake?

I fished Sideburned for 1 day and camped there for the night, I caught 0 walleye (I was targetting them) and 2 small pike, it seems like one of those weird Chapleau area lakes that are either hard to figure out or there's just not many fish in it, the lodge is pretty close to the noisy hiway

I do remember James Smedley (Ontario Out Of Doors) writing about Sideburned (fished with a local who knew some spots and techniques) and they did ok

I'd look into Bisco Lk or Rays Camp on Ramsey Lk instead of these lakes

Edited by chris.brock

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

haha... you have to pay big dollars to get into those kind of lakes. they put gates up around them to make sure us locals can't fish them.

• 1 year later...

i am in a group of 10 that go to the golden route lodge.we have experienced really great fishing in the first 2 lakes there.we fish for walleye, northern pike and jumbo perch and its a rare day that you dont catch your limit in walleye and pike.we stayed in a cabin while we were there .It was not fancy but it had nice bathroom and kitchen and electric power.The price we thought was reasonable and owners were helpful.we will definitely be going back.