Spider Wire XXX Super Mono

Eazy

Just a heads up to fellow anglers.....I've had this line on two seperate occasions and two different lb tests break off when fighting a fish.

It does have smaller lb test to diameter ratio, but this obviously proves itself in the line strength.....Was a real bummer to see that steelhead make off with my dis-continued cleo! :(

So if you're into trying new products, take my word for it and skip this one!

Edited by eazy

Wow,

could have been a bad batch.I have been using this line in 6 and 8 lb test for probably 4 yrs on several spinning outfits.Have caught many good size fish and it's been the best for low memory when it's cold for me.Used to be trilene xl for years but once it got cold I couldn't stand the loops.

Kerry

Just a heads up to fellow anglers.....I've had this line on two seperate occasions and two different lb tests break off when fighting a fish.

It does have smaller lb test to diameter ratio, but this obviously proves itself in the line strength.....Was a real bummer to see that steelhead make off with my dis-continued cleo! :(

So if you're into trying new products, take my word for it and skip this one!

I've been using the line for about 5 yrs and have had absolutely no problems with it. It's been the strongest and limpest mono I have ever used. Better check your knots or line guides. It's not the line.

Guest chase4chrome

I will often opt for FireLine (if conditions don't warrant 4lb Flouro)--REALLY requires good knots but when a fish takes it's like getting hit by a 2x4.

I've had many conversations with Ian James and he swears by it and thought to give it a try--I'm sold.