Alabama Rig

ah_long

Seems like it's all the fire now, anyone have first hand experience with the rig?

and how many hooks are we allowed in Ontario?

for those who never heard

The Alabama Rig

seems like 4 hooks is the max in Ontario

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsFish/2ColumnSubPage/STEL02_165347.html

A fishing line must not have more than four hooks attached. A hook includes a single-pointed or multiple-pointed hook on a common shaft but does not include a snagger or spring gaff. The number of hooks includes any single-pointed or multiple-pointed hooks that are part of a lure.
Edited by ah_long

this is something we have been doing since I was a kid. I learned this from the older guys from Detroit that would come here fishing daily the stuff they used was not a nice looking but just made with fishing line but the same idea. I like the ideas that they have down there they can get creative.

Most of those poachers make them out of dollar store kitchen whisks. Alabama rigs...sabiki rigs....octopus rigs have all been used for decades. They're great for pail fillers and meat hunters. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I actually think these would be awesome for smallies..

there are many times when you're fighting with a smallie, there would be a school following...

one smallie = a good fight

two smallie = a very good fight

three smallie = a very very good fight

and if you hit the jackpot with 4 smallies on the line, it would be an epic fight

I actually think these would be awesome for smallies..

there are many times when you're fighting with a smallie, there would be a school following...

one smallie = a good fight

two smallie = a very good fight

three smallie = a very very good fight

and if you hit the jackpot with 4 smallies on the line, it would be an epic fight

Hahaha 4 bass on the line. I can barely catch one.

If I could do that with walleye, I would have my limit in one cast. :D

This sounds like the type of rig that would make an angry angler step on your gear.