gordy28

Hey there,

Still researching for our 2012 trip

Looking hard at:

Drive To American Plan

Brennan Harbour

Red Pine Wilderness Lodge

Out Posts

Parks Fly In (based on members of OFNs reviews)

Camp Coucoushee on lake Kikwissi

Also interested in Sudbury Aviation

http://www.sudburyaviation.on.ca/

But so far I have found little to know information on forums etc about both the outfitter and the quality of the camps/fishing/lakes (they have a choice of 7 or 8)

Very interested since its a 4- 5 hour drive from TO to their airbase unlike Parks which is about 10 hours from where we live

Any info greatly appreciated - and as a new guy to those who have written such great trip re views - thanks it has been invaluable in our research

Once we decide on a place I will do my best to play it forward

Cheers

Gordy

I was lucky enough to spend most of my summers as a kid in the Sudbury Aviation lakes. My father helped Marg (the owner) build and set up most of the camps. There are definetly some great fish populations on these lakes. I prefer some of the smaller lakes for some incredible pike numbers and the average size is well above most drive to lakes. Some great trout (mainly lakers) opportunities at certain times as well. We would just use a few williams spoons as you were lucky to see a rapala last more than a few hours, if that. I am sure you wont be disapointed if you choose them as your trip.

Thanks for all of the replies

I hear you about Parks - the reports from Anjigaming and Morin lake are definitely a huge selling point - just not sure if we want to burn 2 days of our trip driving

Thanks for the Sunbury Info as well - any particular lake you would choose - we have been lookie at Coonie Lake - bass, walleye and pike

Cheers and again thanks for the input

A

trans.gif

Anjigaming

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

We have booked Brennan Harbour Lodge for Sept 1 - 8th

This option just worked the best for our group, and overall have heard nothing but positive reviews about the body of water and the lodge owners

Plus the price is right - we are going American Plan, upgrading boats (17 foot Lund outfitters with full floor, casting platform and 30 HP yahama electric start) and will have 1 day guided per boat for $1100 per guy including taxes

Thanks for everyones input - will probably be trolling for tips closer to the trip!

Asked for a new digital camera for Christmas so ideally I'll post a good trip report as well

Cheers

Gordy