Alabama Rigs

manitoubass2

I find these baits pretty interesting, and apparently there a pretty big deal in some pro tours at the moment.

Seems like a boring way to fish to me, can't really see how you would impart any action to your baits other than just swimming them back to the boat???

Anyhow, anyone here have any experience fishing these style of lures? What do you use for bait etc?

It's basically a heavy jig head, with 4 heavy wires attached in the mold, with snap swivels on the end of each wire for rigging baits to

Edited by manitoubass2

Hmmm....kinda makes me think icefishing....

I was kinda thinking that too.

If the jig was shaped to lift the baits off the bottom, and the wire was bent upwards to keep the baits 4-6" off the bottom, could be a really good walleye/panfish presentation.

Of course there is the legality of it though, I'd have to take a look at that first.

4 hooks on one line is the general rule....always check exceptions for where you're fishing.

As for the spreader thing...I wasn't thinking of using it right on bottom...but just dangling a few jigs/swimbaits off it....let it hang at various depths and see what the lakers make of it

4 heavy wires...............I thought you had to have 4lb. flouro or the fish won't bite, there goes that theory

lol, for walleye in my area they'll bite on 20lb braid, just the same as small diameter lines and floro.

Switch to floro and you'll hook alot of lawyers though whistling.gif