Peterborough living

Hooked

Sinker you are due to get off the nipple I think. There is crime no matter where you are. I grew up in a small country town and our house was robbed as I said no matter where you are there are drugs and crime. Peterborough is nothing close to a scum hole unless your a sheltered little boy.

Say what????

Have you ever lived there??

I lived there for 5 years. Not a place you need to worry about at all like I said go for a walk down Barton St. or go hang out at Jackson Square, you want to see real scum. I garuntee you walk down around either place and you would crap your pants if you think Peterborough is bad. As for the methadone clinics you obviously read that in the paper from a few years ago when they open the one across from the city bus station next to champs. Every city has them and I think its about time you people take your heads out of your asses and realize maybe they are there to help people and you snooty people don't believe in giving people another chance. I would put money on it that if they didn't have the clinics there would be that much more crime.

Every Friday night my wife and I drive into Peterboro for supper and always try to hit a different place each week. Last night we went to Montanas, and as always it was a fun night.

I also have to go into town whenever I need stuff that's not available locally.

Never yet been mugged, accosted, bothered, robbed, beaten, had my truck broken into or otherwise had our night ruined.

I've been in alot of cities on both sides of the Atlantic from Trinidad to Scandanavia and would put the saftey of Peterboro right up there with the best of them.

EVERY city in the world has bad areas and if you go there, you could find trouble, and if you avoid them, you'll probably have a good time.

Some of our closest friends have lived in Peterboro their entire lives and NONE of them have ever had a problem.

Edited by lew

I've lived in the kawartha's for the last 15 years. Of all the places to live, PTBO is waaaay down at the bottom of the list. i find its full of crack heads, and thieves. Last time I was there, my car was broken into....stole my camera and hand held GPS.

Seems like every corner has a panhandler, or crackhead mooching something. I just hate it.

The roads suck, the people are not the brightest either.

Sorry if anyone here lives there, but i hate that place!! Kinda like the armpit of the kawartha's IMO.

The outskirts however are great. I'm about 15 mins out of town, and love it! 30 mins to a number of great lakes, and good hunting too!!

S.