Topo Maps of Muskoka-Area Lakes and Suggestions

FishyFishy

Hi,

Been a long time reader but only occasional poster (had to re-register just now). Really great site.

I'm originally from the TO area but now I live in Cleveland. We have a cottage in the Muskokas (Clear Lake--near Lake Joseph). I don't get up there often, but I try to make the best of it...

A few years ago I ordered a book of topo maps of the major lakes in the Muskokas from a company out in BC. Unfortunately, I lost it and I can't figure out if the company is still around. Really helpful book.

Does anyone know of this company or where I could get a similar set of maps??

I'm heading up to the area the last weekend in May. I will be fishing for lakers in Clear Lake, but would like to target pike and walleye in surrounding lakes. If anyone has suggestions for area lakes to try, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Norm

---------------------------

Actually, I just found the company. It's a really great resource of topo maps, grouped into region. Here's a link to their fishing maps, if anyone's interested: Mussio Ventures Fishing Maps

I just bought the Muskoka map again...now i need to use it! Are there any suggestions for lakes to try in the region at the end of May, targetting pike, walleye, lakers, muskie?? We'll be based at the cabin on Clear Lake, but would like to take some day trips.

Norm

Edited by Norm

If you got the money, you can't beat the new GPS/WASS systems, they have chips with everything you could possibly imagine. Look at Garmin and Lowrance web sites or Ebay has a ton of them for sale. You could buy a nice unit for the same price as 10 or 20 paper maps.

Welcome aboard.

thanks for the info guys and i guess i misspoke about the muskie (didn't check the regs). we will be targeting pike and walleye really...i just thought a muskie would be a bonus (never caught one)--well i guess i don't have to worry about that now!

any suggestions on lakes to try?? we would probably want to try smaller, less trafficked waters with good pike/walleye populations close to Rosseau area (and easy boat access). not being from there and not visiting much, i haven't had a chance to explore.

oh and where can i find more info on the Ontario guide fishing book series?

cheers,

norm