Report from Friday OCT 7 fishing

nroadrunner

Well the young lad had a trip to CHappell Farms so the wife and I went fishing. You ever get the feeling you are forgetting something? Well it was the camera my wife forgot. She is pissed as she landed her PB today. I am not that upset as she whooped me 6 fish to 2. We hit the water around 11 am 15 min later my wife lands a personal best just shy of 4 lbs largie on topwater frog. I landed the next 2 fish, 1lb8oz and 2lbs. Then it was the Catherine show as I never landed another fish.

We had at least 10 more strikes on the topwater frogs, I tried my Live Target frog for the first time, several strikes no hook ups. I usually use a scum frog and my ratio is 7 landed for every 10 strikes. Not sure what went wrong today. Most weeds are brown now but still holding fish. There seemed to be no pattern today, cast near fallen log nothing, cast in wide open area fish on. Then catch them in the weeds, next patch of weeds nothing. All in all a great day 8 fish in 3 1/2 hours little slow but several missed fish. Fish were not as fat as I had thought they would be, my wifes fish should have been at least 5 lbs based on the length of the fish, the smaller ones seemed to have chunkier stomachs.

Ian