Eastern Erie Walleye?

bucktail

That's a tough one.....first most days after Thanksgiving are snowing and blowing....and second most anglers I know are deer hunting.

But if you get into some I'm sure others would like to hear how.

Good Luck,

Bob

Bob...Thanksgiving here in Canada, is next weekendwhistling.gif

You want to fish Walleye, don't count the Grand out. There's a good Walleye derby coming up in the Grand Oct 14,15,16, Caledonia Walleye Derby. We fish the river below Cayuga, in the boat, drift fishing. I fish it every year. I not telling you my hot-spots :whistling: , just look for the red Princecraft, Stay away, he doesn't catch fish. :whistling::D

Plus it's close to home.

Edited by Fish Farmer

Fish farmer ... does the Grand get a substantial run from Erie? Or is it the droppiing of temps that gets the local fish active?

My buddy does well on upper river eyes around tis time but these are smaller resident fish.

I did get quite a few years back, but haven't done as good for a few years now. Some of the fish in the lower river could be lake fish, but I think most are resident fish, but I could be wrong. I know guys that do well above the Dunnville dam as you say, that's were we fish the derby and we do well plus we have hit some good size Pike. As for eating I don't keep any, but allot of guys do. The derby is live release. It's nice fishing up there because we drift with the river currant and use the elect to keep yourself out from shore. Just sit back relax and drift, nice and quite. I've talked a few of my buds into the derby and they love it. I never was a Grand River person, but a buddy of mine got me hooked.