intertnet problems???

kickingfrog

I'm by no means a tech guy, so I don't have all the technical understanding to explain it, but here's what I encountered in my area of 705...

I recieve my phone & internet through a Rogers Rocket Hub. Due to where I live, I get a weak signal, yet sufficient to provide me with constant service. Since May, I noticed it getting worse, dropped calls, internet froze/no signal etc. I called Rogers, and they said that due to the number of "summer" residents, that demand on my closest tower is increased. This "overloads" the tower and causes the problems. I called Rogers and after 3 calls at almost an hour a piece, I've recieved 2/3 off my monthly bill until the issue resolves itself, or until they do whatever to the tower to accomodate the extra pressure. Seeing as I called last month, and the issue's been since may, they retro'd my rebate back. 95% of the time, my service is fine, it's only here and there that it is an issue. Yes i spent a lot of frustrating time on the phone, but it was worth it.

I'm by no means a tech guy, so I don't have all the technical understanding to explain it, but here's what I encountered in my area of 705...

I recieve my phone & internet through a Rogers Rocket Hub. Due to where I live, I get a weak signal, yet sufficient to provide me with constant service. Since May, I noticed it getting worse, dropped calls, internet froze/no signal etc. I called Rogers, and they said that due to the number of "summer" residents, that demand on my closest tower is increased. This "overloads" the tower and causes the problems. I called Rogers and after 3 calls at almost an hour a piece, I've recieved 2/3 off my monthly bill until the issue resolves itself, or until they do whatever to the tower to accomodate the extra pressure. Seeing as I called last month, and the issue's been since may, they retro'd my rebate back. 95% of the time, my service is fine, it's only here and there that it is an issue. Yes i spent a lot of frustrating time on the phone, but it was worth it.

Have also used the USB internet sticks in rural area....Bell's version broke down and they refused to fix it.....for the Rogers stick reception was terrible, took it back after 2 days, stilled got dinged $15 after arguing down from $45 on their aptly named 'buyer's remorse' program.

Finally got a decent stick, Sierra 360, from Telus with a plug in antenna which helped immeasurably. Like yourself, service slows down considerably with increased cell traffic, but is pretty good early in the morning and late in the evening.

I did not subscribe to a 'plan' for any of them.