New Gloomis GL2 series

jedimaster

Well, I picked up a new GL2 drop shot rod last night at JB's(I love that place, great service, and great prices), and I gotta say it's nice. I really like the way it feels. It seems to pair up nice with my stradic. Although it feels a bit tip heavy from what I am used to but this may work out for the best while drop shoting as I tend to keep my rod tip down near the water anyway.

I have always been a big Shimano guy with 9 of my 12 tournament rods being shimanos, but I am seriously considering switching over. I know they fall under the same parent, but for now they still have different labells.

Its not as light as my cumara but feels about as sensitive, and is 60 or 70 bucks cheaper. Actually it feels very much like like my vrod that I was using as my drop shot rod, with a bit more sensitivity. I would say from my first off the water impresions, this is my new recommendation for best rod under 200 bucks.

Has anyone used one of these new GL2's on the water yet?

I think he only has one or two left of the drop shot series. I think I got the last of the mag medium ones, I think the one or two left may be the mag light. Its a nice rod for sure. I think he also has a mag medium year old model GLX on sale for about 250 as well. This one is really nice, but I wanted a split grip rod.

I have not used a GL2 but I bought two G.Loomis rods in the last month. One in there Spinnerbait series(6'9MH) and another in there Crankbait series(6'6M). I love these rods both, have only caught a handful of little fish with them but they are super light and paired with Curado's they are a fine match.

I have been looking at a Loomis spinning rod, what one exactly did you buy?

DSCF2281.jpg

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

I have the 822S DSR GL2 spinning rod. Its really nice. But hasn't hit the water... Hopefully this weekend. Was hoping I could get a heads up from someone who had one. I don't think there are too many of these kicking around in canada from talk to the retailers, none of them got very many in.

I'll snap a pic of it and post it later. I am on my way to the movies...

I have not used a GL2 but I bought two G.Loomis rods in the last month. One in there Spinnerbait series(6'9MH) and another in there Crankbait series(6'6M). I love these rods both, have only caught a handful of little fish with them but they are super light and paired with Curado's they are a fine match.

I have been looking at a Loomis spinning rod, what one exactly did you buy?

DSCF2281.jpg

I picked up a GL2 spinnng rod the other week, 6'8" medium, ex fast (I think...jig and worm series) I didn't really know much about them at the time but they felt nice and looked great. I used it for the first time last weekend and I LOVED it. I have always been a big fan of St.Croix rods but after using the GL2 I will be getting more for sure.

Rae

i have 2 GL3's for my jigging rods and they are awesome. super sensitive, very light and can handle some huge fish. i have caught many 10-15 lb fish on my medium action setup including some big cats and sheephead from quinte just recently. they can handle a 13-14 lb walleye no problem and some pretty big bass.

paired up with a stradic C14 it is an awesome combo.