Video converters

Skud

Bought myself a Panasonic camcorder (HDC-TM700) for my fishing/hunting trips this month. I was just out at Eddie Norths and I got some great footage. My camera saves the videos in a MTS file. I would like to know a good program to covert these files into a mpeg or avi file. A video editor would be great too. What do you folks suggest?

Bought myself a Panasonic camcorder (HDC-TM700) for my fishing/hunting trips this month. I was just out at Eddie Norths and I got some great footage. My camera saves the videos in a MTS file. I would like to know a good program to covert these files into a mpeg or avi file. A video editor would be great too. What do you folks suggest?

Here is a great free one...

Any Video Converter

And a great cheap paid one...

AVS Video Converter

Hope that helps! :D

I use ffmpeg to convert videos, and I know it supports MTS. I run Linux, but I'm sure there's a Windows port by now... It's probably command-line though, so it may be intimidating.

I also use Avidemux as a GUI tool, and I know there's a Windows version, but I'm unsure if it can read MTS files.

When do you head back up there Doug?

Will be back out there on the 24th chasing moose and wolves. Will do some fishing too I guess. I still need to break the 45" mark.

I will start downloading the suggested programs and see what works for me. Will post some vids soon. Thanks for the replies

Will be back out there on the 24th chasing moose and wolves. Will do some fishing too I guess. I still need to break the 45" mark.

I will start downloading the suggested programs and see what works for me. Will post some vids soon. Thanks for the replies

Just going to miss you bud.

I'm in Nakina Sept 27- Oct 2

Was hoping it was the 1st you were flying in.

Would've been nice to shoot the breeze Friday night. :)