This past weekend...

manitoubass2

Well, another birthday for us to celebrate. This time it was my son Jigger, turning 7. He wanted to go fishing, so we hit the shoreline various times during the weekend. It's just the start of shiners running into the Rainy River from LOTW and Rainy Lake, and this means walleye start moving back into the river. Despite some really horrible conditions, we figured them out pretty good, and the kiddos had a blast thumbsup_anim.gif.

The water level is still really low, and the water temps changed by about 10 degrees, fluctuating up and down throughout the days, which can make things very tough. The all start bait of the weekend was Yum pink/white grubs on jig heads, cast into the current and burned back. No other methods produced fish, no other baits either, with a few exceptions (black grubs on jigs, and minnows on jigs).

We caught a good 60-70 fish, mostly walleye. All were dinks though, the biggest was maybe 15", the smallest being about 6". We kept enough for a family feed, the rest were released to fight another day.

Campfire hotdogs, frog catching, crawfish hunting etc all filled an adventurous weekend with my children, followed by some homemade pizza/breadsticks, and of course a fish fry. We ate good, had alot of fun, and were all reminded how much we have to be thankful for worthy.gif.

I actually had to thank my son for making my weekend so memorable, lol, thats pretty cool if you ask me!

Fish food

fromjudymy102010066.jpg

Gotta be comfy to fish!

fromjudymy102010077.jpg

fromjudymy102010053.jpg

Eagles celebrated with us!

fromjudymy102010055.jpg

Rare catch

Sept112011020.jpg

A giant! lol, held out and still small.

Sept112011017.jpg

Caught fish like this all weekend

Sept112011015.jpg

Sept112011010.jpg

Sept112011009.jpg

admiring the catch, as a team!

Sept112011006.jpg

Maybe you can join us next year my girl, lol

Sept112011002.jpg

Hope you enjoy!!!

Great family fishing report!! Sounds like a great time, and, I'm sure the boys didn't care that the 'eyes were smaller.

Thanks for sharing!

It was a great time! I try to put my kids on numbers more than anything, thats what they prefer, and they find it more exciting. One lb or 10lbs doesn't matter to them, lol.

This weekend though were going for the mommas, haha thumbsup_anim.gifGonefishing.gif

julyaug2011182.jpg

Edited by manitoubass2

rofl2.gif

2 little guys fishing already, 1 taking tackle inventoryclapping.gif Thats priceless !!!

thanks for the smile.rolleyes.gif

I think she'll be an angler as well, as soon as I put a rod down it takes her .5 seconds to make it to the rod! lol

I got two girls as well that fish, but they were pre occupied on that day, by crawfish and frogs, lol

Present time!

Sept2010107.jpg

The girls fish too!

july202010080.jpg

sucker

June2010pt2187.jpg

Edited by manitoubass2