Just moved to Blenheim, ON

g_clot

Well the last few months have been insanely busy - I quit my cushy Toronto office gig to work at a family owned Canadian Tire in God's Country. What a gorgeous place, only I've been too busy to get out on the water this season since May. Now that the fiancee and I have settled into our country home with out new dog (George - Rottweiler) I'm wondering where i can wet my line on a lazy afternoon for a few hours? I don't own a boat so the shore will have to do.

Gods country WTH I see you found the good SW Ontario tobacco barns LOL. I am in Chatham and would much rather be in the north that is god country but I guess from the big city living in the county is gods place.

Any way back to your question if you head to erieau fishing from the docks can be fun you will catch anything and everything there from big pike to crappie perch even trout and what ever else is in from the main lake. in Shewsberry just a couple min from your house you can fish the cuts there in the spring they get loaded with crappie.

If you want to get out on LSC for some musky fishing LMK and we can try and hook up for a afternoon or morning fish.

Hope it helps a bit

congrat's on the move to Blenheim. my family and i lived there for 12 years - nice place to have a family. The Thames is a nice place to spend some time in the spring for early spring walleye - can't remember the name of the small community (Kent bridge ?) but spend some time asking around and you'll find out the spots. Also in the spring the cuts at Rondeau Estates were always a nice place to spend some time soaking up the spring sunshine and crappie fishing - just observe the no trespassing signs. Rondeau park - along the north part of the spit/shore of the bay has lots of spots to fish early in the spring also. Rondeau bay is great for ice fishing - as is the thames when the ice is safe ! enjoy

Thanks Gentlemen - compared to the city it is, and the endless view from our deck has been unreal at times. Throw in the veggie, fruit and meat markets and I'm a pig in crap.

LOL - I wear my one-piece swimsuit like everyone else here to areodynamically prevent the windmills from sucking me in.

Good tips Rob and Mike P. - I'll try one of them Thursday or Saturday morning this week.

Congrats on the move. I grew up in Chatham and love the area. Plan on retiring down that way.

As mentioned above, Erieau docks and pier can bring lots of fun. Also, if you can find access somewhere along a breackwall behind a cottage of Erie Beach, the perch fishing can be great in early morning and evening.

Plenty of great fishing in the area, and once you have a boat, outside of Erieau will bring you all the fun you need.

Cheers

Craig