Trailer wiring update

Rizzo

First off thanks for all those who offered tips, posted pictures or even offered to send me some lights! What a great place OFC is. Anywho, came home after work and got her figured out right away (how to get at bulb)...and of course bulb doesn't seem to be the problem, it looked alright. I knew it could be like that, but didn't have one of those tester doo-hickey things to see if there is power getting to the light. After I see the bulb looks ok, decide to hook the wiring up to the truck just to make sure I was checking out the right bulb...been a while since I had the boat out, maybe it was the other side that wasn't working. Plug in the adapter to the truck, turn on truck and the adapter doesn't light up! (its one of those fancy-pants adapters that's nice and purple when power goes through it). Now I'm really ticked, at least last time out I had one light working, now I don't even seem to have power. Gonna have a drink, maybe put some grease on the contacts and try it again later.

After about 15 frustrating minutes in the rain yesterday (and checking the ground first) mine turned out to be a blown fuse in the truck. 10AMP where a 15AMP is supposed to be. Now the fact that my travel trailer light was not working either makes much more sense!

At the end of the day it is always something simple, start simple.

Go figure, now the problem is with the car! Just had them connect it to the tester thingy and power isn't getting to the back for the running lights. Turn signal and brakes have power...of course I only checked the running lights at home, not turn signals. Tonight we'll hook it up again and see if the signals work!