McCombs Landing

manitoubass2

Well, after some early morning fishing yesterday (which was alright for bassin') me and the family decided to take a two hour drive and visit her brother for the first time. He used to live right across from us, but decided to move a couple months ago. He just told me "some place in the bush", lol, and I laughed at the thought of him never doing anything "outdoorsy".

Checked the forecast and it all looked good, so off we went. We get to the location, "WHAT?! McCombs landing on Rainy Lake???" I was lucky, had the tackle and two rods in the back!

So we took a nature walk, played with the kids, had a BBQ and visited, which was really nice. Then I seen some clouds forming so time to get out the tackle and try a few casts. It was windy, like real windy, and the water temps were of the hot shower variety.

Well within minutes of the storm hitting, and only about 15 casts in, I landed 6 little hammer handles. My son caught one also! Bonus!!!

Then, it storms pretty good for abit, we decided to stay and let it pass rather than drive in the heavy rain. After an hour or so, it cleared and we got packed up and ready to go. They headed out for a quick smoke, so out came the rod again, hehehe.

Three casts and a nice smallie hit good, gave a great fight, and lept from the water twice! He was hooked pretty bad though, so out came the fillet knife as well and made for a nice midnight snack!

Good times

Momma and baby walking the trail to the top of the cliff

sept042011017.jpg

more kiddos

sept042011016.jpg

Baby buggaboo with her uncle

sept042011015.jpg

checkin out the view, it really was nice, wish we had a better camera

sept042011007.jpg

me and mah babe

sept042011003.jpg

night view

sept042011027-1.jpg

Bass time, pretty good one too!

sept042011026.jpg

horrendous shot of my sons pike, this one was hooked hard too

sept042011022.jpg

clapping.gif

Back home now and ready for some cold front bass tomorrow!

Looks like you might have to forget to unhitch the boat next time you drive out there for a visit ;)

Hahaha, for sure!

The owner was a real pleasure, and offered us a free week stay at their new cabin this fall! clapping.gif

and next year I'll be visiting my brother in law for some fishing and beers, for sure!