This is soooooo sad.....NF

lew

Join a club

Do an anual cleanup

Educate the public (schools)

Kick some backside if you see it happen

This is about the best you can do. Humans are filthy so try not to go off on a rant like I usually do because it won't help a thing. Get involved, teach your kids and others and hope it catches on some day.

I know this is an older thread but I'm killing a bit of time here at the office and came across this. Lew, it's disgusting what people do. Load your garbage and take it to the nearest transfer station, for 5-10 bucks at least it gets disposed of semi-properly instead of being dumped in a creek. For a left winger, Miller doesn't seem too interested in the environment (considering he was first elected for his opposition to the island airport which is still there). In the east end of Scarborough, there's a new subdivision going in on formerly city-owned greenspace (bush). Miller was asked about it and said it's no big deal, it's only scrub brush in there (lots of trees, not just scrub brush). I don't want to start a political firestorm on this site but come on, I guess Mayor Miller is succombing to big business like everyone else for the graft that they supply to politicians. Either that or he doesn't care.

Lew I here ya its very sad that our places are turing into dumps. We get alot of it here and I have no answer on how to stop it education seems to not work but then again jail time might not work either maybe humilitaion (or how ever ya spell it will work) try taking people if caught and put there picture on signs along the road ways with warnings of LITTER BUG under there face or make them pick up the areas and play the video on a 60 min special right after the super bowl or daytona 500. I guess its still up to the 10% to clean up after the slobs.

This past winter the OPP did a blitz here for booze and people leaving junk on LSC I was happy to here they were out at 7am checking people and then again at the end of the day but was sshocked to here all the people crying on a local board that they were harrassing them on the lake so I guess were damnd if we do or dont.