Sunday dinner with a twist

ketchenany

I have four girls and four grandkids – three married and one engaged. It's been our family tradition to have Sunday dinner together. When my parents were alive we went to their place. When the kids got boyfriends and eventually married the tradition switched to my house . . .

Usual Italian fare of home made pasta with a meat course vegetables etc.

I got home Friday and she tells me I have an appointment with the butcher on Sat. a 8:30 (he's been our meat man for 40 years) because she has to do a shift at CT and we are having a engagement dinner next week.

I pick up the order and take it home and find 14 French cut veal chops (not enough for the dinner next week).

I asked why the veal chops, the kids want then on Sunday. Sunday rolls around they come early and want them done on Charcoal NOT gas. NO charcoal!

Two of the girls were going out and asked them to pick me up a bag. Al's well after two phone calls "is it the round ones". :wallbash: They came back with charcoal and a cake!

Outside with the guys over a cold one and they were done in no time and we sat down for our usual hour+.

They cleared the table and out came the cake! WE couldn't stop laughing this was hilarious. I asked them why " well they asked us if we wanted any wording and couldn't come up with anything else.

100_1315.JPG