Saturday report - Musky and Walleye Pics

Jigs

Hey folks, hope everyone enjoyed their weekend (or half of one due to the remnants of Irene)

Mike and I had planned on heading out for Musky today. He recently gave me a bunch of great suggestions in terms of purchasing a rod and other equipment for Musky fishing and I was really anxious to get out there and try the new toys. I've caught a number of muskies around here but this was my first Musky that wasn't "accidental" ha ha. And if it's not my personal best it's pretty darn close. I fish exclusively for smallmouth and walleye and wanted to get into Musky fishing so I got in touch with Mike because I really wanted to make sure I was buying good gear.

We made a decision last night at 5:30pm that Sunday was going to be a bit much weather-wise so we headed out last night instead. Based on the results, and what the weather looks like right now I think it turned out to be a good move. To anyone who is thinking about fishing with Mike don't hesitate to hire him. He knows how to put people on fish and is great company in the boat. He is passionate about what he does and that's something you just can't fake if you ask me. Many thanks again Mike and next time's on me. For those who read stfrancisjigger.com stay tuned for a full report of the last 3 weekends and more pics and vids coming up mid-week or so.

LateAugustMusky.jpg

Since I headed out for walleyes that morning I figured a couple of pics couldn't hurt :)

We did really well. Here are two of the larger fish. All in all definitely not a bad day on the water.

AugustEye.jpg

LateAugustMorningEye.jpg

Edited by Jigs

Nice Fish Andre !!! Mines was bigger than yourstongue.gif (JK)

I love those Franny Walleyesclapping.gif The color is awesome, and they taste like candybiggrin.gif

I"m gonna start calling Mike, "The Fish Whisperer".He has an uncanny knack for getting 'ON' the fish.

Comes from Having a Guide for a father and years of experience fishing the Franny.

Great report Jigs, and i will check out your blog for the vids

Tite Lines, like to fish with you and Mike together someday.

Paul

Nice Fish Andre !!! Mines was bigger than yours:P (JK)

I love those Franny Walleyesclapping.gif The color is awesome, and they taste like candybiggrin.gif

I"m gonna start calling Mike, "The Fish Whisperer".He has an uncanny knack for getting 'ON' the fish.

Comes from Having a Guide for a father and years of experience fishing the Franny.

Great report Jigs, and i will check out your blog for the vids

Tite Lines, like to fish with you and Mike together someday.

Paul

That would be fun. Thanks Paul! I don't keep very many fish but I kept a few yesterday and made some of my special fish roll sauce. Yummy!

Oh and speaking of sauces Mike was raving about your BBQ sauce I'll definitely need to try me some of that sometime.

Edited by Jigs

That would be fun. Thanks Paul! I don't keep very many fish but I kept a few yesterday and made some of my special fish roll sauce. Yummy!

Oh and speaking of sauces Mike was raving about your BBQ sauce I'll definitely need to try me some of that sometime.

Not to worry, I will be reserving a bottle or 2 for ya.laugh.gif