Humminbird 597 ci hd di

mike rousseau

well... ive only fished with the unit for a couple hours so far but i was pretty impressed... i was marking fish then catching them all night... before this was a rare experience... the unit is incredibly visable... verry verry bright screen... i didnt get to really play with options too much cause the fish were really biting but from what ive seen im very happy with my purchase...

not sure about the down imaging yet... it wasnt marking the fish as well as the switch fire sonar... but like i said... only out a couple hours...

the one fault so far... gps speed... the gps speed is NOT accurate... for the most part it is close to your speed... but then it will spike from 1.5 up to 2-3-4 and then back... im not impressed with this... so im gunna call humminbird and see whats up... might have to update the unit... might have to send it back... but from what ive read on line... humminbird will swap out the faulty unit...

anywas

4 out of 5 stars from me...

the one fault so far... gps speed... the gps speed is NOT accurate... for the most part it is close to your speed... but then it will spike from 1.5 up to 2-3-4 and then back... im not impressed with this... so im gunna call humminbird and see whats up... might have to update the unit... might have to send it back... but from what ive read on line... humminbird will swap out the faulty unit...

anywas

4 out of 5 stars from me...

This is exactly the problem i am having with my 587 Mike. I emailed the service center here in Quebec, and they said send it in for repair or replacement.Mine will read 1.8 mph, parked in my drivewaymellow.gif

Congrats on your purchase though. Like YOU need a way to catch more fishwhistling.gifrofl2.gif

This is exactly the problem i am having with my 587 Mike. I emailed the service center here in Quebec, and they said send it in for repair or replacement.Mine will read 1.8 mph, parked in my drivewaymellow.gif

Congrats on your purchase though. Like YOU need a way to catch more fishwhistling.gifrofl2.gif

im gunna see if i can send it in at the end of the season... mid dec... i can keep my old gps in the boat for my speed...

im gunna see if i can send it in at the end of the season... mid dec... i can keep my old gps in the boat for my speed...

Its still a piss of though.The way the guy at the service depot talked, Humminbird knows about the probelm, and instead of recalling the units, sold them to customers and will repair or replace only if people complain.wallbash.gif

BTW, have a great weekend with Simon. Take loads of pics. I look forward to the report my friendgood.gif

i was also able to mark bait balls all over the place... my old sonar never marked bait balls.... and thats where the walleye were... tight to the bait...

That's really cool. I've never been able to do this around here either.

I find it really hard to mark anything here with the floating weeds everywhere in the water column.

The new unit doubled my catch tonight... Hit a couple spots... Got a couple walleye... Then slipped into my old honey hole...

Nothing!!!

So I figured I could try to find em with my new sonar... Poke around a bit... Found em suspended and doubled my catch...

Thank you hummingbird...