salmon fishing from friday

alphaalpha

Got out on the big water on friday morning. Took a while to get into some fish as worked around 100-150fow for a while with only one shaker to show for it before making the move out deep. My first time in the "blue zone" paid off as we went 7/8 including a 19lb and 26.5lb'er pulled out of 325fow. Was a beauty day and hopefully we can get a few more like it before the end of the summer and maybe even an entry for the derby :unsure:

Here I am with the 19. As you can see my attention is focused elsewhere as the wire dipsy combo is peeling drag as we snap this quick pic.

021.jpg

My buddy with the 26.5lb'er. Biggest fish so far in the new boat. sorry team 9 he pulled it in so I can't enter it as an upgrade (was 39" without a tail pinch) hopefully it will happen to be my turn next time a big one hits :P

023.jpg

Was great to get my buddy into some big fish after hearing so many reports of slow fishing on other boards. Can't wait to get out again!

cheers,

-AA.

Thanks guys, should be getting out on thursday. If we had that big one on saturday instead of friday we'd be on the board right now :whistling:

I don't expect those low weights to last though. I can't wait to get out again and hopefully get a Tyee!

cheers,

-AA.