Trailer question answer

Garyv

As I said on the original post simply call the furnace manufacturer and ask them about the thermostat and furnace components. As for break in's all I can tell you is I have been around trailers and campers most of my life, well at least for 50+ years. I currently work at a campground which recently had 7 break in's. The simple fact is this a trailer and due to the way they are constructed if someone wants to get in all they have to do is pry the door. Only way to help stop it is an extra long deadbolt but again due to the way they are constructed nothing and I do mean nothing short of sitting in it armed ( and we all know you can't do that )can keep someone out if they want to get in. I have yet to see a camping trailer that a good pry bar can't defeat so if you have bad feelings about leaving it somewhere then you might want to look elsewhere.

One other thing...if it's a 77 and you going to leave it out for the next 8 to 10 years good luck. Your floor, wood and I would bet already has some rot and the caulking should be checked as well. Exposure to the elements for the next few years will do nothing but make it worse. Make sure as mentioned above you run a leak check on your propane system. I am also willing to bet that if the furnace has not been used the orifice for the pilot light will be corroded and require cleaning or replacement. The same goes for the refrigerator. So before going anywhere check the entire trailer out from front to back. It's a lot easier to fix stuff when you have access to parts.