5 Species in the sweltering heat

Joeytier

After a generous application of sunscreen I was out the door...the truck thermometer read 42 at one point... :wallbash:

Contacted an old buddy and got out for a few hours this evening on the mighty Ott...as usual it did not dissapoint...

Hit up a small stream on the way to try for some specks...I managed 3 of these little beauties...not bad for late July...

DSCF0483.jpg

Before the evening came about we managed 3 chunky smallmouth and a 10 lb pike...all of which managed to come off before coming ashore... :wallbash: But these things happen...It was steady action at least.

Finally just prior to a massive thunderstorm rolling in for the evening my buddy manages a tasting looking sauger...

DSCF0489.jpg

Love the spotted dorsal...

DSCF0490.jpg

And just prior to being blown away by gale force winds and a torrential downpour...I add to the stringer with a nice little walter...

DSCF0491.jpg

A day off well spent... :Gonefishing:

DSCF0488.jpg

The Ottawa river never cease to amaze me :Gonefishing: Good going Joeytier :clapping:

On pic #3 your buddy has his hands covered in pepper... is this from the sauger??

I've caught a speck that was covered with black spots.... it covered the whole fish... discusting to say the least... got her back in the water pronto :)