Boater Exam

motv8tr

Well if I want to rent a boat next week for the day it seems I need to break down and get my boaters card. Is Boat Smart the best one to use or are there other ones???

Thanks

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

The boat rental facility should give you a rental check list to sign off Maureen and that suffices as your "boaters card".

Go for the renter's agreement if you can. 'Open Book' is deceiving, by the way! You only have 90 seconds to answer questions through the Ministry website and it's 50 questions altogether, so you have to know your stuff. In other words, don't count on cheating. :) Great to know the rules anyway. Was surprised by how much I should have known but didn't.

nope, boat renters agreement is not available here, they told me outright that I need a boat card to be able to rent from them. I don't mind it, won't hurt to have one, I still have high hopes of getting a new motor for my boat if I don't get this one fixed. I just want to know that the Boatsmart site is reputable..

Thanks

Maureen

I did mine at boaterexam.com and my wife is doing hers there so I can change lures and troll without having to constantly look up to make sure I'm not driving into the side of a cliff or something. Regular price is fifty bucks, but there are coupon codes to get you ten bucks off. If you can't find one, I can give you one of mine that arrived with my card in the mail about a week later. You can print a temporary card as soon as you're done, too.

The site tracks your time, and forces you to put in 3 hours. It reads everything to you. It tracks your progress so if you need to stop, you can resume later. I found it easy and got a 94% on the test, so I missed 3 questions (I know one of them I ran out of time by mistake, but that's no excuse).

Edited by Dana